After a 3 year wait, the ECA Ottawa Annual Christmas Gala took place at the historic Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel on December 2nd, 2022. The sold out event began with a cocktail reception followed by a 5-course dinner then everyone danced the night away thanks to the exceptional Sway Band. The event was a complete success. A huge thank you to all our sponsors!
Education & Training
Ontario Electrical Safety Code (27th Edition)
We will add your name to our waiting list and let you know when the next available date is.
ECA Ottawa will be offering training courses to provide the electrical industry with an overview of new and amended requirements of the OESC (27th Edition) which comes into effect May 2019. This is the Level 1 course.
General – Level 1
Covers highest impact rule changes in the OESC including:
- Requirements for bonding and grounding in Section 10 have been reorganized and reduced in size with changes that will improve safety and simplify installations
- Expanded use of Tamper-resistant receptacles in educational facilities and hotels/motels
- Requirements for installing an identified (neutral) conductor at each control (switch) location of permanently installed luminaire
- Providing adequate working space for electrical workers to undertake necessary repairs, maintenance and installation of transformers greater than 50kVA
- Prohibiting the installation of cables in concealed locations in corrugated roof decking
Courses are limited to 20 people’ therefore registration will be on a first come, first served basis with a MAXIMUM 3 office staff per company for now. We will be running multiple courses so if you did not make it in this first course, please email our office so that we can reserve your space on priority basis for the next course. Please email email@example.com.
SOLD OUT – ECA Ottawa is proud to offer the popular ‘Suderman Estimating Course‘. These two ‘hands-on’ courses are designed to introduce and solidify the principals of Electrical Estimating. They will take you right from the start through to the final bid price.
Your estimates will be done in a systematic way. The forms are easy to follow and will guide you step-by-step. Errors are easy to find, all material is listed and a labour unit is applied to each item. You will finalize a tender, good charts for adding overhead, and all other job cost. The profit will be your final step. A suitable labour manual will go home with you for continual use. These courses are Gold Seal accredited by the Canadian Construction Association.
Please note there is a limit of 15 students therefore we will be accepting them on a first come, first served bases. At this time, due to the limited class size, only 2 persons from each company can attend. If you have more potential attendees please email the ECA Ottawa office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add them to our waiting list. Also, if you do not attend the class your company will be invoiced for the full cost of the course.
Part #1 – December 9 & 10, 2019 – SOLD OUT !
Part #2 – January 9 & 10, 2020 – SOLD OUT !